Aannnnnd breathe.

Well that's what I needed!  Not sure about you guys but I've had a humdinger of a week.  Important work meetings, community fall outs, and stress after stress.  But last week I chose this verse as my meditation and I want to tell you all how I have failed (yes you heard me right..).

"He says "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."" Psalm 46:10

Be still.  Sounds simple right?  But I know many of you with kids and jobs and responsibilities (that covers most of us I think!) will find it hard.  One of my friends commented on my post of this verse this week.  She asked me if I could find a way to make my soul and spirit still, even if my body isn't - basically the verse doesn't say "sit still", it doesn't say "stand still", it says "be still".  And that can be on the inside even when you aren't still on the outside.  So can we be still and calm with God on the inside whilst sorting out dinner for the kids or whilst in a work meeting?  

I have struggled with this this week, and have found it really hard to calm my spirit and find peace in God, but I have tried to push through it.  When I have felt uneasy I have repeated this verse and emphasized different parts of it "Be still and KNOW that I am God", or "Be still and know that I AM GOD".   And I have tried to make sure that during my time of devotion to God I take some time to just sit in stillness.  Not to read, not to pray, not to journal, but just to sit in stillness with God and think upon his character.  I wanted to try to REALLY know that he is God.  Why not have a try!

NEXT WEEK
I feel like this week I have had to step up and be a peacemaker in certain situations, and God kept reminding me of the verse below.  I really want to dig deeper into the true meaning of peacemaker this week and what it means to be a child of God, so please join me x

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God" Matthew 5:9


Labels: , , ,