Yey!  Another amazing cuppa with interview is here and I am so excited to share it with you.  So put your kettle on, settle down in your comfy corner and get ready to meet the lovely Kate....

It's really nice to meet you - please introduce yourself to us all!  
Hi, I’m Katie Dugmore, I’m 37 and love all things creative, especially Bible journaling. I’ve worked in the Jewellery industry for 16 years as a Jewellery Designer. I trained at Birmingham City University, School of Jewellery. I’ve been married to Rob for almost 12 years, he’s a jeweller (Goldsmith) too and we met at work.

Where do you live and what do you like/loathe about it? 
I live in Birmingham in the midlands, and my jewellery is all made in Birmingham’s famous Jewellery Quarter. I love the city and it’s diversity.

How many kids do you have? 
I have 3 boys with my husband Rob, and two grown up step children, one of which lived with us for 9 years until she got married. We are very close and my boys benefit greatly from having 2 older siblings and an awesome Brother in law.

What is the best thing about motherhood for you?
I love being a Mom, I became a step mum before having my boys and consider that an honour. I am very grateful that God trusts me to raise three little boys; it’s a privilege to watch them grow, learn and overcome things that challenge them. I hope most of all we sew a passion for Jesus in them that will last a lifetime.

And what is the worst thing?! 
The worst things are we’re a very noisy house and my boys fight a lot. Sometimes I just feel like a referee, but at bedtime, every night without fail, they become inseparable best friends, which is very cute.

How do you try to help your children connect with God and the bible?
We always pray together (all the time) like if we see an ambulance we will pray for the person it’s going to, or pray for safety on our journeys. We pray a lot in the car as I get their full attention. We pray for people who are mean to them as well as the people we love. I hope Jesus is in all our life and so praying is a natural part of our day. My boys love to read Bible stories together, our favourite is The Action Bible. My eldest boy has just starting reading to the younger two and likes to prepare little lessons which is pretty sweet (though he can be quite bossy). Music plays a big part in our home. We love Christian festivals, our favourite song to dance around to at the moment is ‘My Lighthouse’ by Rend Collective.

What is your "mission-field" at the moment? 
I would say that everyone I meet and do life with is my mission field. I hope that people know I’m passionate about Jesus and I don’t hold back in sharing my faith. I have a particular passion for women in, or have been in violent and abusive relationships. My first marriage was abusive and God has used my experience for his purpose. 

What causes or activities are you particularly passionate about and why?
I am very passionate about Human Trafficking, as previously mentioned I started adult life in a relationship full of fear and control, there are people all over the world in situations they are unable to escape by themselves. I believe we are Jesus’ hope on earth, commissioned to work out his purpose. I want to leave an Isaiah 61 legacy.

Tell us a bit about your business and how people can get involved
Bloom Jewellery was birthed in a time of fasting after finding out I was to be made redundant from my beloved ‘Jewellery designer’ job. I really felt God was calling me to set up a Jewellery company that would glorify God. I have two collections, ‘Bloom where you’re planted’ range which is all about blooming in your faith walk and ‘The Victor’s Crown’ range which is all about the promise of our victory in Christ Jesus. I am currently working on some new pieces. I also make resin jewellery which features scriptures with dried flowers and glittery colours. I like to visit churches sharing my testimony and teaching jewellery workshops. I’ve just started workshops for children and teenagers too. I love to teach people the skills that enable them to use their own creative flair to make a piece of jewellery.

I believe God is calling me to work with women who have previously been trafficked and retrain them into the jewellery industry. I’m currently setting up a project that will help these women retrain into a new career.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomChristianJewellery/

https://www.cheerfullygiven.com/shops/bloom-jewellery-store/

Instagram @BloomChristianJewellery


Thanks so much for having a cuppa with me!

Labels: , , , ,