Some of you, although I think not many, may know that I used to run my own company - Rachel Ridler Craft Creations and Wedding Stationery Design.  Not a very catchy name I grant you (it was difficult to cover all bases!) but an outlet for my creative passions in many ways.




Did I make a lot of money?  No!  Did I successfully take on the market?  No!  But did I enjoy spending my time making beautiful things for other people to buy, or designing wedding stationery to the exact designs of others?  Yes indeedy!





Since packing it in almost 2 years ago (I was making my last set of Wedding placecards whilst going into labour with Sam) I feel like something has been missing from my life a little.  Every now and then I get a glimpse back into my old creative world - like at Shine Girls Conference last December where I ran the creative arts session - and I think to myself "Wouldn't it be amazing to be able to do this for God?"


We all connect with God in different ways and with different parts of His character (my husband definitely connects with God's intellect and wisdom!) and I think my heart is aching to re-connect with God's creator side.  You see all through the bible God is described as the creator, the craftsman, the maker of all things, and I think He gives us creative talents so we can understand that desire.  Here are a few examples:


Isaiah 64:8

We are the clay and You our potter; and all of us are the work of Your hand.

Exodus 35:31-32

and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, with intelligence, with knowledge, and with all craftsmanship, to devise artistic designs, to work in gold and silver and bronze,

Ephesians 2:10

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Genesis 1:1


In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.


So I am hoping that in the future I will be able to use my gifting and creative talents to enable others to connect with God and his character of creator, as it is such a huge part of who He is, and who He has made us to be too.  I would love to be able to run workshops and sessions for people around this, but we shall see!  Perhaps today the most I can do is to challenge you to try to connect with your creative side and see how this can help you connect with God too.  Here are a few suggestions: