I am back!  Apologies that it has been over a month since my last posting about being in our new house.  Due to a few technical glitches it has taken a while to get our phone line sorted out and what a fun month it has been.  Although I haven't been completely offline as I have had access through my mobile, it is still quite limiting.  But I wanted to reflect on this experience, not to say about the bad things of the internet (as many do when they "fast" from facebook and all its "evils") but to reflect on the positives.

Love it or hate it, the internet is now an integral part of our lives, and we can either dig in our heels and talk about the "good old days" or we can try to accept it for what it is and use it for good.  The internet can be said to divide people and make them lonely, separating them from real life relationships and conversations.  But it can only do that if we let it.  Instead I say lets embrace the whole idea of social network, and use it to bring people together instead!!

In keeping with my challenge to be a catalyst, I am trying to use facebook to organise events, to keep in touch with people when distance would separate us anyway and to forge new relationships.  This is why this month has been hard, as it has put a dampener on what I could do.  I love being able to set up events, to put positive comments and to encourage others through facebook.  I love being able to put up posts that hopefully inspire others and give people a glimpse into the craziness that is my life.

So here are my top things that I love being able to do on facebook that I have missed, and what I think we can all do for our relationships and for God through them (lets embrace our social network lives and use them for God's glory!):


Overall, I think the internet and facebook can be such a powerful platform to encourage, unite and witness to others so lets seize that opportunity with both hands and make a difference.  One final thing to share is this - through 40 acts I saw a guy who had set himself a challenge to visit everyone of his facebook friends in person over a year.  I would love to be able to do this and to see people who live all over the world and who I haven't seen for years (if money and time would allow!) and I would love for them to say that being my facebook friend has made a difference to their lives.  The only way to make that a reality is to consciously try to do this - will anyone else join me in this challenge?